Red Onion Salsa
- 3 med. red onions, skin on, halved (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/4 C. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 C. whole pitted olives
- 2 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves, packed
How to Make Red Onion Salsa
- 1Place onion halves cut sides down in shallow pan.
- 2Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until onions are slightly soft when pinched and their cut sides are blackened.
- 3When cool enough to handle, discard onion skins and trim stems.
- 4Place onions in food processor with oil, vinegars and red pepper flakes.
- 5Process in two or three 2 second bursts or until coarsely chopped.
- 6Add olives and oregano and process 2 to 4 seconds just until chopped.