- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (1-pound) bag refrigerated shredded hash browns (if using frozen hash browns, thaw first)
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream or half and half
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 3/4 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 pieces cooked maple-flavored bacon, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
How to Make Potato-Crusted Quiche
- 1Cook bacon. Chop. Set aside.
- 2Chop broccoli, spinach, and onion.
- 3Grease slow cooker with butter.
- 4Line the bottom of the slow cooker with hash browns.
- 5In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, cream, pepper, onion, broccoli, and spinach. Stir well.
- 6Pour egg mixture over hash browns. Sprinkle cooked bacon on top of egg mixture.
- 7Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours.
- 8Check quiche after 3 hours to make sure it hasn't dried out. Do not overcook.
To make the hash brown bottom extra crispy, fry them in a pan before placing them in the bottom of your crock.
*This dish is naturally gluten-free.
Read more at allfreeslowcookerrecipes.com/...K.99