- 1 lb. jalapeño peppers
- 2 1/2 C. water
- 2 1/2 C. white distilled vinegar
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 3 Tbs. kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbs. whole coriander seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs. black peppercorns
How to Make Pickled Jalapeños
- 1Pierce each pepper three times with a sharp paring knife and place them in a large glass preserving jar.
- 2In a non-reactive saucepan, bring the other ingredients to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and pour the brine over the peppers.
- 4Place the lid on the jar and let cool.
- 5Once cool, refrigerate for at least a week before using, if possible.