Party Quesadillas with Jalapeno Jack and Fresh Chard
Swiss chard is in the same family as beets. If you let it go it will form roots resembling beets.
- 1 1/2 C. Finely chopped red onion
- Vegetable (or olive) oil
- 1 1/2 C. Coarsely chopped chard leaves (packed)
- 4 Flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 1/2 lb. Jalapeño jack cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Party Quesadillas with Jalapeno Jack and Fresh Chard
- 1Sauté onion in large oiled skillet for about 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add chard and sauté 1 minute longer. Steam tortillas in steamer or in microwave oven for about 1 minute or just until flexible. Top one half of each tortilla with one quarter of the cheese. Spoon one quarter of the onion-chard mixture on top of cheese. Fold each quesadilla over like a turnover and pat to stay folded. Wipe out skillet then heat over medium-high heat with a little oil in bottom. Add quesadillas and cook, turning once, until light golden and cheese melts. Cut each quesadilla into 3 or 4 triangles. Arrange on plate, garnish with red pepper and place in 250 degree oven until ready to serve.