Parilla Burgers with Grill Roasted Onions and Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lb. Lean ground beef
- 1 lg. Yellow onion (sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 lg. Red onion (sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 lb. Plum tomatoes (halved lengthwise)
- 1/4 C. Coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. Minced fresh or bottled garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 C. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 Squares ciabatta, focaccia or rolls (split and toasted on grill)
How to Make Parilla Burgers with Grill Roasted Onions and Tomatoes
- 1Shape ground beef into four 3/4 inch patties. Brush both sides of onions with oil.
- 2Place onions on grid over medium, ash covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 15 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
- 3Grill burgers 13 to 15 minutes to medium doneness (160 degrees) until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once.
- 4Grill tomatoes, cut-side down, 10 minutes or until tender; do not turn.
- 5Coarsely chop onions and tomatoes; add cilantro and garlic and salt and pepper as desired.
- 6Top burgers with cheese immediately after removing from grill.
- 7Serve burgers on toasted ciabatta with grilled vegetables.