Liquid Laundry Soap
How to Make Liquid Laundry Soap
- Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves (melts) completely.
- Fill a 5-gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken
- Stir well. Fill a used, clean laundry soap dispenser half with water, and half with soap mixture. Shake bottle before each use, as it will gel.
- Optional: You can add 10-5 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons (add once soap has cooled). Ideas: Lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil
- YIELD: Recipe makes 10 gallons, after diluting. Top load machines (5/8 c. per load) Approximately 180 loads. Front load machines (1/4 c. per load) Approximately 640 loads