This Chart May Be Helpful
**You may find yourself where you are out of a specified herb in a recipe or perhaps you just don't care for that specific herb.
This chart may help you choose substitutions or alternatives that will work with your recipe.
Whenever substituting, you must realize that the flavor will not be as originally intended in the recipe.
As such, it is wise to begin your substitution with half the specified recipe amount and then adjust to your own personal tastes.
You should always feel free to adjust and add to any recipe to suit yourself an your family.
How to Make This Chart May Be Helpful
- 1Basil: oregano or thyme
- 2Chervil: tarragon or parsley
- 3Chive: green onion; onion; or leek
- 4Cilantro: parsley
- 5Italian Seasoning; blend of any of these: basil, oregano, rosemary, and ground red pepper
- 6Marjoram: basil; thyme; or savory
- 7Mint: basil; marjoram; or rosemary
- 8Oregano: thyme or basil
- 9Parsley: chervil or cilantro
- 10Poultry Seasoning; sage plus a blend of any of these: thyme, marjoram, savory, black pepper, and rosemary
- 11Red Pepper: dash bottled hot pepper sauce or black pepper
- 12Rosemary: thyme; tarragon; or savory
- 13Sage: poultry seasoning; savory; marjoram; or rosemary
- 14Savory: thyme; marjoram; or sage
- 15Tarragon: chervil; dash fennel seed; or dash aniseed
- 16Thyme: basil; marjoram; oregano; or savory
Like I stated, I was asked to post this as a recipe over here....this is NOT a list I made.
It is a list I'd posted in a few groups, and was asked to post it here...so it would be easier to print off.
If you want more information go to the web page listen in the ingredients.