I knew I could make one myself ... so I winged it and sort of designed it as I went along.
This is the final product.
- section double-sided, quilted fabric, approx. 23 x 9",
- inches of 3/4" grosgrain ribbon, ÷ 2
- inches of 3/8" grosgrain ribbon
- spool of matching thread
- inches of 3/8" braided elastic
How to Make Tea Cosy
- 1This is basically a cylinder, with elastic casing at one end, and a ribbon closure at the other end. I did cut out a small opening for the spout and zig-zag stitched around the spout opening. I left the back seam open for about the top 6", so the handle could be exposed. The yellow ribbon runs thru a casing, and ties at the back, just above the handle.