Rose Petal Rosary Beads
The beads can be used to make other things like bracelets, earrings and necklaces.
They can also be made into beaded curtains.
You can meditate or pray for the person you are making these for.. as you choose. :)
2 galfresh rose petals
3 Tbsprose oil
1 tsprose perfume (like avon's roses roses)
1roll florists wire (hat pins work too)
3rolls dental floss (or jewely string)
·decorative crystal, ceramic or steel beads or rings
·medal, cross, other embelishments
·shallow dish or pan
·rose oil (olive oil is less desireable)
How to Make Rose Petal Rosary Beads
- Gather and prepare two gallons of rose petals.
- Process the petals in a food processor to form a dough.
Add in the rose oil and rose perfume. Pulse to incorporate the scents into the dough. This should yield about 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 cups of dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thick.
Using a sewing thimble, cut out circles of dough.
- Form one circle of dough at a time into evenly sized and shaped balls.
- Thread each ball onto a florists wire or hat pin. When all the dough is used up (re-roll as need, and cut out more circles as needed), set them aside in a clean dry place for about a week or two in order for them to completely dry.
- The florist wire or hat pins will form a hole in each bead. The beads will shrink in size as they dry (about by 1/3 in size).
- When beads are completely dry. Remove them from the florist wire or hat pins. Place them into a very shallow dish or pan. Pour the polishing rose oil into the dish/pan until it is halfway covering the beads.
Roll the beads around in the oil occasionally. Soaking and rolling them for at least two hours.
- Wipe each bead with a clean smooth cloth to polish them.
- String the beads onto dental floss with 3 of the crystal, ceramic or steel beads/rings between each of your rose beads.
- *** You can make curtains or jewelry with the beads.
*** If you have a favorite rosary, use it as your pattern, adding what you see fit (like beads, rings, cross)