Pineapple Turkey Centerpiece
28-1/2 x 11 pieces of felt, red, brown, rust or orange color
1full pineapple, with nice, un-bruised leaves. the leaves will be the tail feathers.
4 smallchenille balls - or, use two sm. chenille balls, and two small googly eyes
16" piece of red, brown or black yarn - for turkey's wattle
1 smallwad of batting
How to Make Pineapple Turkey Centerpiece
- I will have to send you the pattern, or if you're a good artist, you can come up with your own by looking at the photo above. Not too hard...
- Lay the pattern on top of both pieces of felt, then cut out turkey head on cutting line .
- Stitch with matching thread 1/4" from the edge,leaving open between arrows/heavy black lines. Trim as close as you like. Leave the back/bottom of the head open, for stuffing.
- Hot glue the googly eyes in place [or use chenille balls for eyes, too]. Put eyes on both sides.
Hot glue the 6" loop of yarn where the turkey's wattle would hang [you'll only hang the wattle off one side of the beak].
Hot glue two more chenille balls on each side of bridge of nose, where raw ends of wattle yarn are.
- Stuff batting up inside head, trying to get it down into tip of beak, as well. Let stuffing come as far down as where the stitching stops/starts.
- Open out the back/open section of the felt head, and use straight pins to anchor the turkey head to the "unfeathered" end of the pineapple.
- Voilá ... He looks mighty proud to be struttin' in the middle of your Thanksgiving table!