CURE FOR "ONION HANDS"
How to Make CURE FOR "ONION HANDS"
- 1First wash your hands with soap and water (can't hurt, right?).
- 2After peeling, chopping, dicing, slicing onions--in other words, when you are all finished handling them--turn on the cold water tap, as cold as you can stand it. Run your hands under the water.
- 3Under the running water, take any stainless steel kitchen knife and run the blunt end of the blade along and between your fingers, being VERY CAREFUL not to cut yourself. Be slow and gentle.
- 4When the odor is gone, squirt a little lemon juice on your hands and rub it in. This will neutralize any residual odor.
- 5NOTE: If you don't want to use a knife, you can also try rubbing your hands and fingers along the stainless steel faucet. I have done this and it works.