★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 c
- bird seed ( any kind)
- 3/4 c
- 3 pkg
- knox unflavored gelatin
How to Make Sunflower Seed Ring for birds
- 1Stir together over low heat until gelatin is no longer opaque. Put 4 cups of birdseed ( any kind) in a fairly large bowl and add the gelatin mixture. Stir well until no dry seed pockets are visible.
- 2Press mixture into any container that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Tamp down firmly with the bottom of a glass that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 3Put in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- 4Unmold on wire rack and let air dry for 3 days before hanging outside.
- 5This can be molded into any shape desired, een cookie cutters which make nice gifts for bird lovers. Just don't forget to spray the molds.
- 6A recycling idea: cottage chees containers and cutting the lid into a round circle using a glass that would fit into the bottom as a pattern.
Cut 2 holes in the lid like a button and thread a shoe string, cord or anything to hang it with through the holes and drape over the side. Fill it with the mixture and hold the hanger in the middle. It worked well and was thicker. Use your imagination.. Enjoy the treat and watching the birds.