PEANUT BUTTER, HONEY, AND OAT DOG TREATS
How to Make PEANUT BUTTER, HONEY, AND OAT DOG TREATS
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Warm the peanut butter in the microwave for about 1 minute, until it is soft enough to mix with the other ingredients.
- Grind 2 cups of the quick oats in a food processor or blender until a coarse flour.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together all the ingredients.
- Drop the dough onto a bread board sprinkled with flour or more ground quick oats. Work the dough on the board until you can make a ball. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use a 3-inch dog bone shaped cookie cutter to cut the dough into shapes.
- Place the cookies on greased cookie sheets. (The dough is soft and crumbly, so transfer the cut out shapes gently.)
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown. Flip and bake for about 5 minutes more....watch closely so you do not burn as oven temps are different.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and store in an airtight container.
- Tip: For crisper treats, when all cookis have been baked, turn off the oven. Put all the cookies back on a cookie sheet and return them to the oven. Leave them in the cooling oven for several hours or over night to harden.