Dog Food - Fish Chowder
I try to give them a variety of foods (all of which are listed in my favorite doggy cookbook as good for them).
I'm posting the recipes that go over well so I don't forget how I made them.
- 1 pkg
- cod filets (no skin, no bones) 4 filets total
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 large
- summer squash (yellow squash)
- 4 c
- cabbage, shredded
- 2 c
- leftover scrambled eggs from the day before
- golden delicious apple, cut in small bite size pcs, no core & no seeds
- 1 tsp
- egg shell calcium
- 1/2 c
- pure pumpkin, plain (nothing else in the can!)
- 1/2 pkg
- brown rice, cooked
How to Make Dog Food - Fish Chowder
- 1Heat the olive oil in pan and add the cod filets. Cover & cook until flake apart easily. Break them up in to flakes. Add the cut up summer squash, cabbage, scrambled eggs, apple, pure pumpkin & calcium. Stir to mix and cover and let simmer about 10 to 15 min. While this is going on cook up 1/2 bag (about 2 1/2 cups of brown rice with about 7 cups of water, this will take about 55 min) When the rice is done add the fish & veggie mixture & stir well. I had to add a little water but if you have bone broth (homemade) available add some of it to thin this to a soupier texture so it's easier for the dogs to eat. The rice tends to want to stick if it's not soupy enough.