COLD LYE SOAP (Heirloom Recipe)
1 can(s)lye (size?)
2 1/2 ptcold water
5 1/2 to 6 lbclean grease
3/4 chousehold ammonia (optional)
1 cborax (optional)
a few dash(es)cologne or perfume
How to Make COLD LYE SOAP (Heirloom Recipe)
- Dissolve one can of lye in 2 1/2 pints cold water.
- When cool, stir slowly into 5 1/2 or 6 pounds of clean grease.
- You can add 3/4 cup household ammonia and one cup of borax.
- Continue stirring occasionally, till soap begins to set.
- Always use a porcelain pan. (Sometimes I use a little cologne or perfume.)