NO SECRETS Homemade Deoderant
- 4 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- drops of lavender essential oil (or other scented essential oil (must be essential oil!)
- drops of vitamin e ((or the contents of 1 vitamin e capsule, just prick it with a needle & squeeze)
- 2 Tbsp
- baking soda
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp
- grated beeswax or beeswax pellets
- empty deoderant container
How to Make NO SECRETS Homemade Deoderant
- 1In a small saucepan combing the coconut oil and beeswax over very low heat, alternatively you can use a double boiler, but don't use the microwave for this one. The coconut oil will melt quickly, the beeswax will take a few moments.
Remove from heat, cool slightly, and stir in baking soda, cornstarch, vitamin E and lavender essential oil. It is imperative that you use True Essential oil and NOT a fragrance oil. The lavender offers antibacterial properties in addition to a great scent. The beeswax will help your finished product stay firm in the container. The vitamin E is a natural preservative.
- 2Keep in mind when using your homemade deodorant that there is an adjustment period as your body detoxifies. About a week after you begin using the product you may notice a stronger odor as your sweat glands finally purge the chemical mess that has built up! Just reapply your homemade deodorant if needed. A small number of people may have sensitivities to baking soda, if you know you have a sensitivity, you can use substitute Cornstarch in it's place.
- 3Other Scent Choices: First, let me start by saying that the scent of this homemade deodorant is VERY Light. I tested this thoroughly by showering, applying, then running 3 miles in 90+ degree weather in the South. Not only did it work fabulous, it didn't have a heavy perfume"y" stench like commercial deodorants tend to have. Here are some additional scent choices:
Rosemary Essential Oil
Cloves Essential Oil (For Men)
Lime Essential Oil (Men)