Homemade Dishwasher Tabs
- 2 cups baking soda (cuts grease, great all-purpose cleaner)
- 2 cups borax (natural cleaner and disinfectant)
- 1/2 cup epsom salt (reduces the effects of hard water)
- 1/2 cup vinegar (added cleaning power, liquid to help bind the ingredients)
- 15-20 drops of real lemon or lemon essential oil (really cuts the scum and cleans well)
- 2 ice cub trays
WHAT YOU NEED
How to Make Homemade Dishwasher Tabs
- 1Mix all the ingredients together with a spoon. (The addition of the vinegar will cause a little fizzing, but not much.)
- 2Once all the ingredients are well combined you will notice it actually will start clumping all by itself.
Transfer the mixture into two ice cube trays and press down until each ice cube compartment is hard packed with detergent. If you packed them all down really well, you should use all of the mixture in those two trays.
- 3Now they need to dry, place them in dry, sunny spot and let them sit for 24 hours. Once they are dry, flip them over they pop out really easy and put them into a air tight container.
- 4How to use
Add 1 tablet to your dishwasher detergent compartment.
and instead of using Jet dry fill the compartment with Vinegar works amazing especially if you have hard water
Note: My kids are actually cleaning right now and they have the crumbs of this in a bucket of water, cleans AWESOME