Giant Bubbles Recipe
- 1 gal
- purified water
- 5 c
- unscented, uncolored dishwashing detergent-can use palmolive
- 1/2 c
- glycerin (available several places, try: whole foods in the body department
- wooden dowels ( we used 24" dowels that we had in the garage)
- eye screws
MAKING THE WANDS:
How to Make Giant Bubbles Recipe
- 2Pour the dish-washing soap into the water. Then mix it gentle with a wooden spoon.
- 3Pour the glycerin in. Mix gently again. You don't want ANY bubbles.
- 4MAKING THE WANDS:
Drill a hole in the end of the dowel.
Screw the Eye Hook into the hole you just drilled until it is secure.
- 5Cut a 100 inch piece of cotton string. And another piece of string that is 70 inches. (you can make the string as long or short as you like -- as long as one string is longer than the other -- we wanted our bubbles BIG)
- 6Put the four washers through the 100 inch string.
- 7Put the ends of both pieces of string through one of the eye hooks and tie a knot. Do the same thing on the other eye hook. Now you should have a long string and a shorter one that runs from one dowel to the other.
- 8MAKING THE GIANT BUBBLES: THE FUN PART
Take your bucket outside.
Put the end of the dowels in the bucket and the string should be submerged.
Then separate the dowels by pulling them outward so the string makes a triangle -- pointing down. The washers will weigh the center of the bottom string down.
We had to give it a few tries before getting the hang of making the bubbles
- 9Step backward quickly so that the air goes through the bubble solution between the dowels and makes a bubble.
- 10Bring the ends of the dowels up from the bubble solution, together until about chest high.
- 11We had to give it a few tries before getting the hang of making the bubbles; but it doesn't take long, then even the younger ones can do it easily. The toddlers can go after the bubbles!