Doggie Bonez Recipe
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbbeef liver
2 largeeggs with washed shells
1 clow-fat cottage cheese
1-1/2 cwheat germ
3-1/4 cwhole-wheat flour
1 tsppowdered garlic
How to Make Doggie Bonez Recipe
- Rinse liver and cut into 1-inch chunks. Put in a 2-quart pan with 1 cup water and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduct heat, cover and simmer gently until liver is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Put the liver in a blender, saving the liquid from previous step. Break in eggs, including shells. Whirl to puree, adding reserved liquid as needed. Scrape mixture into bowl, adding remaining cooking liquid, cottage cheese, wheat germ, garlic and 3 cups wheat flour. Stir until evenly moistened.
- Knead until dough no longer feels sticky, adding more flour as required. Roll out dough onto a floured board until 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough with floured bone-shaped cookie cutter, any cookie cutter you want or cut to whatever size you need with a paring knife or pizza cutter, depending on the size of your doggie.
- Bake in a 300*degree oven until bonez are tinged darker brown and feel firm to the touch, about 1 hour. Cool on racks. Once cool, bonez should be hard when pressed. If not, bake an additional 10 minutes at 300* then cool. Makes about 4-1/2 dozen, 3-1/2 inch long bonez! Store in refrigerator to keep your dog safe.
- NO salt or sugar and fat content is low for the Senior Doggie watching their weight. Your doggie will love you forever for making his "soon to be favorite" treat... With all the good stuff and none of the bad.