Cinnamon Apple Wreath
- small apples, 2 1/2 inches in diameter
- lemon juice or lemon-lime soda pop
- wire racks
- spray varnish, if desired cinnamon sticks, 10 inches long
- (3 1/2 inch) cinnamon sticks
- inch ribbon, 2 yards
- glue gun and glue stick
- silk leaves
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Wreath
- 1IMPORTANT: You will also need 1 Straw wreath, 10 inches in diameter
- 2Heat oven to 200°F
- 3Cut apples lengthwise from stem end through core into 1/4-inch slices.
- 4Dip apples into lemon juice to prevent browning; place on wire racks. Carefully place wire racks on oven rack.
- 5Bake 4 hours.
Remove wire racks from oven and place on heatproof surface.
- 6Let apples stand about 2 hours or until completely dry.
- 7Place dried apples on waxed paper.
Coat each side with 2 light coats of spray varnish, following manufacturer's directions.
- 8Tie 10-inch cinnamon sticks together.
Attach to front of wreath with 6 inches of the ribbon.
- 9Glue dried apple slices and 3 1/2-inch cinnamon sticks to front and side of wreath, using glue gun.
- 10Attach leaves to ribbon on 10-inch cinnamon sticks.
- 11Make a bow with the remaining ribbon, and attach to wreath.
Attach wire hanger if desired.
- 13Make the dried apples ahead of time. When it's time to make the wreath it will all come together in a snap.
- 14Pick up Rome apples for this project. With their pretty red skin and white flesh they are particularly nice in this wreath, though other types of apples are also attractive.