*8 uses for Banana peels
How to Make *8 uses for Banana peels
- if you happen to get bitten by red fire ants, by rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the bite you will prevent it from itching and getting inflamed. This also works for mosquito bites.
- You can use bananas as fertilizer, either by putting them directly into your composter like I do, or by cutting them into little pieces and mixing them in the soil. Bananas are great for plants because they are rich in phosphorous and potassium.
- Rubbing the inside of a banana peel onto your brown leather shoes is a great way to clean them and keep them shiny. Also works for non-leather shoes.
- The potassium in banana peels can cure you of warts in less than 2 weeks.
- By gargling with water and salt, and then rubbing a mixture of banana peels onto your teeth for about 2 weeks, they will get significantly whiter.
- If you fall and get a scrape on your knee or elbow, the oil in a banana skin is the all-natural way to make the pain go away.
- A banana hair conditioner on Care2 says that if you mix bananas, cream and honey together, you have an excellent way to restore damaged and dry hair.
- If you get a splinter that is deeply embedded into your skin, tape the banana peel over the splinter and the enzymes will both take the splinter out and heal the wound.