Be sure to use carob chips--chocolate is harmful to canines.
Check with your vet to make sure these dog treats fit into your dog's diet. Check the recipe for any known foods or ingredients your pet may be allergic to.
- 5 slice
- 2 slice
- cheddar cheese (3/4 oz each)
- 2 c
- carob chips
- 1/2 c
- crunchy peanut butter
How to Make Dog Bark
- 1Line cookie sheet with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 2In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over low heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Coarsely chop bacon; set aside.
- 3Using 1 1/4-inch small dog bone cookie cutter, cut 15 dog bone shapes out of cheese slices. Set aside.
- 4In medium bowl, microwave carob chips uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer. Stir in peanut butter.
- 5Spread carob mixture on foil to 1/4-inch thickness, about a 9-inch square. Immediately sprinkle with bacon and cheese; press lightly into carob mixture. Chill until set, about 15 minutes in freezer, or 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- 6Remove from foil; break into 18 pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 5 days.