Be sure to use carob chips--chocolate is harmful to canines.
Check with your vet to make sure these dog treats fit into your dog's diet. Check the recipe for any known foods or ingredients your pet may be allergic to.
How to Make Dog Bark
- Line cookie sheet with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over low heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Coarsely chop bacon; set aside.
- Using 1 1/4-inch small dog bone cookie cutter, cut 15 dog bone shapes out of cheese slices. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, microwave carob chips uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer. Stir in peanut butter.
- Spread carob mixture on foil to 1/4-inch thickness, about a 9-inch square. Immediately sprinkle with bacon and cheese; press lightly into carob mixture. Chill until set, about 15 minutes in freezer, or 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Remove from foil; break into 18 pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 5 days.