☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 150 g. of ground pork
- 150 g. of ground beef
- 4 tbsps. of finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
- 2 tbsps. of chopped basil
- 2 tbsps. of chopped parsley
- 4 to 6 tbsps. of bread crumbs (I used panko)
- 1 tbsp. of milk
- 8 to 10 heaping tbsps. of tomato sauce (get recipe)
- 8 to 10 slices of cheese (I used mild cheddar)
How to Make Meatballs a la Parmigiana
- 1Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 2Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- 3In a bowl, mix together the ground pork and beef, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, parsley, bread crumbs and milk.
- 4Shape into 8 to 10 balls about two inches in diameter. Arrange on the prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 5Take the meatballs out of the oven and arrange on a heatproof plate that you will serve them in.
- 6Spoon a heaping tablespoonful of tomato sauce over each meatball. Top with a slice of cheese.
- 7Put back in the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
- 8Sprinkle with more chopped parsley or basil, or both, before serving.
- 9Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
- 10Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
- 11Number of servings (yield): 2 to 3