6 slicebacon, minced
2 Tbspolive oil
1 tspminced garlic
2 lbvenison, ground
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspparsley, fresh, chopped
·salt and pepper, to taste
1egg, beaten to mix
·butter or herbed butter
How to Make Venison Bacon Burgers
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until browned & crispy. Pour bacon & grease into a large heatproof bowl & allow to cool.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet, then add garlic & shallots. Cook & stir until softened, about 3 minutes, then add to the bacon.
- Once the bacon mixture is cool, mix in the venison, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper & egg until evenly combined. Cover & refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to rest; all day or overnight might be better.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties & grill to desired doneness. Serve on toasted buns with your favorite toppings.
- TIP: Baste with Herbed Butter while cooking to add moisture to your game meat.
- ** The following are tips for cooking most types of venison:
- Do not overcook as it could become dry.
- Quality venison should be cooked to no more than 130F to 140F internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer. At 150F the meat tends to dry out. Let rest in juices, covered for 10-15 mins before serving.
- Frying/browning should be done quickly.
- Stews & pot roasts should be cooked “low & slow”. Crock pots are great for this.
- Use tongs to turn or pick up meat. A fork will pierce the meat & allow juices to escape.