☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspducks (2-3 pounds each)
3/4 csoy sauce
1 Tbspgarlic salt
1 tspgarlic powder
1/2 tspwhite pepper
1 Tbspcoriander seeds, whole
How to Make Sam Choy's Award-Winning Roast Duck
- Remove wing tips, neck flap, tail end, excess fat, and drumstick knuckles.
- Rinse both ducks.
- Place in a dish, and pour shoyu (soy sauce) over them.
- Roll the ducks in the shoyu and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Keep rolling in the shoyu every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Place ducks breast side up on roasting rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle thoroughly with marinade.
- Put a little marinade inside cavities.
- Roast in 450ºF oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325ºF.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 170ºF to 175ºF.
- No basting is required.