Roast Cornish Hens
2 Tbspcreole seasoning
1 Tbspgarlic pepper seasoning
1 Tbspaccent seasoning
1 largegreen bell pepper, chopped
1 largeonion, chopped
5 Tbspmargarine or butter
How to Make Roast Cornish Hens
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, creole, garlic pepper and accent seasoning.
- Season the hens with seasoning mixture. I season the back side first and then the front side.
- Pull the skin from the breast and rub seasoning on the breast and add 1/2 tablespoon of margarine or butter.
- Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with 1/2 tablespoon of margarine or butter, some green bell peppers and onions.
- Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about a hour or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F.
- After 30 minutes of baking, I bast the meat with the juices from the hens. And again in the last 15 minutes. Then I turn the oven up to 450 degrees F.
- Remove hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.