This recipe is private
CANNED VENISON STEW
Each quart jar of stew should be enough for 2 large servings
- 1 lb
- venison (cubed)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- beef bouillon, cube
- 1 clove
- garlic, cut into small chunks
- 1 1/2 tsp
- minced onion
- 1 large
- potato (cut into small chunks)
- mixed vegetables
How to Make CANNED VENISON STEW
- 1Put your cubed venison raw meat in each quart jar, up about 1/3 of the way up then PACK it down by using the counter and tapping the jar down firmly on a dish towel till all the meat is packed down good.
Remove all the fat and tallow from your meat. The fat and tallow will absorb salt and cause your meat to spoil more quickly. Properly canned meat should last several years if left in a cool dark place.
- 2Add your ketchup
Add pepper, add your beef bullion cube
Add the small chunks of garlic, and minced onion
- 3Add your chunked potatoes , just remember to pack down after you add them so you will have room for your veggies..
Add your mixed veggies and again PACK DOWN on dish towel by tamping firmly on counter
- 4Now it is time to put into your PRESSURE Canner that has the appropriate amount of water in the bottom (water to the mark) , put your scalded lids and rings on and bring to 10 pounds pressure then start timer for 1 hour and a half, do not take pet cock (weight) off when time is up.. leave it on turn off stove top and let the pressure drop on it’s own.. very important in canning
- 5Once pressure has completely dropped open lid and using your canning lifter tongs, take out your jars and set on wood block , they will start sealing you will hear a ding.. for you first time canners make sure all of them seal on their own.. if you have one that does not.. it must be refrigerated.. let the others set overnight then you can store them.. Enjoy!