1/2 tspsea salt
1/4 crice wine vinegar
1/2 cgrated carrots, peeled and shredded
1/3 cthinly sliced sweet onions
2 Tbspjalapeno chile, finely sliced
4 slicebread, toasted
4 tspvegenaise (i used a lot more)
3/4 lbcooked turkey breast, shredded
1 Tbsplime juice
1/2 tsp5 spice powder
1/2 cfresh cilantro
How to Make Vietnamese Sandwiches
- With a mortar and pestle crush the garlic and salt together into a paste. Or use a knife if you don't have a mortar and pestle. Put it into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the vinegar and Xylitol to the bowl and give it a good stir top dissolve the Xylitol. You can replace the Xylitol with sugar.
- Add the shredded carrots and chilies. I used 1/4 tsp. cayenne in mine because we don't care for hot things. Toss everything and set it aside.
- Toast your 8 pieces of bread. You can also use a baguette if you prefer, just cut it into 4 equal pieces, then cut each piece in half.
- Spread both sides of your bread with the Vegenaise (or other mayo if you prefer).
- Arrange the meat on the bread. You can use chicken or pork as well. Sprinkle the meat with the lime juice and some of the 5 Spice Powder.
- Top with the carrot salad and the cilantro leaves.
- Cover with the bread tops.