- 1 c
- sour cream
- 2/3 c
- plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp
- sweet or hot paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt, divided
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless turkey breast pieces, or you can substitute chicken
- 3 Tbsp
- plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- canola oil
How to Make TURKEY WIENERSCHNITZEL
- 1Preheat oven to 200F. Blend sour cream, 2 Tbsp. flour, paprika & 1/2 tsp. salt in small bowl; set aside.
Pound turkey breast between sheets of waxed paper to 1/8" thickness.
- 2Beat egg & 3 Tbsp. water in large shallow dish. Combine remaining 2/3 cup flour, 1 tsp. salt & pepper in large resealable plastic bag.
Place turkey pieces in egg mixture; turn to coat. Transfer to bag with flour mixture; shake bag to coat turkey pieces with flour.
- 3Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Shake excess flour from turkey; add to skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
Remove turkey to oven proof platter; place in oven to keep warm.
- 4Add remaining 1/2 cup water to skillet; stir over medium heat, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
Whisk in sour cream mixture; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or until sauce is bubbling & no lumps remain. (If sauce is too thick, add water, 1 Tbsp at a time, to thin)
Spoon sauce over turkey; serve immediately.