Turkey Stew with Dumplings1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.25 lbturkey breast tenderloins
4 slicebacon, diced
4carrots, cut in 1" chunks
2onions, cut into quarters
2stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cwater, divided
1 cbiscuit mix
4 ozcanned chicken broth
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Turkey Stew with Dumplings
- Saute bacon in dutch oven until partially crisp.
- Cut turkey into 1 inch chunks and add with onion.
- Saute until meat is no longer pink.
- Add carrots, celery, 1 and 3/4 cup water, broth, rosemary and bay leaf.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup water and stir into stew mixture.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix biscuit mix and milk and drop by rounded tablespoons onto stew.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.