Turkey Stew with Dumplings1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 1/4 lb
- chicken broth
- 4 slice
- bacon, diced
- carrots, cut in 1
- onions, quartered
- stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 c
- water, divided
- 1/4 tsp
- bay leaf
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 c
- biscuit mix
- 1/3 c
- 4 oz
- canned chicken broth
How to Make Turkey Stew with Dumplings
- 1Saute bacon in Dutch oven until partially crisp.
- 2Cut turkey into 1 inch chunks and add with onion.
- 3Saute until meat is no longer pink.
- 4Add carrots, celery, 1 and 3/4 cup water, broth, rosemary and bay leaf.
- 5Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Mix flour with 1/4 cup water and stir into stew mixture.
- 7Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove bay leaf.
- 9Salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Mix Bisquick and milk and drop by rounded tablespoons onto stew.
- 11Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 12Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.