"Turkey Soup", the next day
An Instant Leftover ZAPPER!!!
"TURKEY SOUP", anyone??
NO EXTRA SALT or PEPPER ADDED.
You can season this to your tastes.
- 1 tsp
- garlic, or 2 cloves chopped fine
- 2 Tbs
- olive oil
- carrot diced (leftovers)
- 1 stlk
- celery, chopped (leftovers)
- 1 tbs
- fresh sage leaves, or 1/2 tsp pdr sage
- 2 (32oz)
- cartons chicken broth
- bay leaf
- 2 C
- fresh or frozen green bean, cit in 1" pcs.(leftovers)
- diced sweet potatoe ( leftover)
- 1/2 C
- small uncooked pasta, (broken spaghetti, orzo,alphabets,or pastina)
- 3 C
- cooked turkey, diced (leftover)
INTO LARGE POT; HEAT TOGETHER: ALLOW TO BRN
ADD: 1 ONION CHOPPED TO LARGE POT
COVER ON MD LOW HEAT, TIL TENDER, 7-8 MIN.
How to Make "Turkey Soup", the next day
- 1follow above instructions down to the sage,
Now, Add sage and broth, bay leaf, and bring to simmer.
- 2When simmering add remaining ingredients, EXCEPT TURKEY.
cook about 10 minutes.
Til Vegies & Pasta are tender,
- 3Final step,
add turkey, and simmer not more than 10 min.more
- 4Serve, Makes approx 6 servings.
TIP: Thanksgiving Vegies and side dishes can be sub for fresh vegies (about 3 Cups)