Turkey Salsa Mac
My husband and I like spicy food, so this hit the spot. The hot salsa was perfect.
Part of this recipe was adapted from a Rick Bayless recipe - Salsa Mac & Cheese.
3 cmacaroni or pasta of your choice
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 1/2 lbground turkey
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 1/2 cwater
1/4 call purpose flour
16 ozhot salsa (or heat of your choice)
4 c4 cheese mexican blend, shredded
How to Make Turkey Salsa Mac
- Cook pasta
- While pasta is cooking, put vegetable oil in skilled and brown ground turkey. When turkey is browned, mix in taco seasoning then add water. Simmer for 10 minutes
- While turkey mixture is simmering make a sauce: melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in flour and whisk until mixture turns golden brown (about 2 minutes). Add milk, continue to whisk constantly until mixture comes to full boil (about 4-5 minutes). Mixture will thicken.
- Stir salsa into the sauce, mix thoroughly, remove from heat. Combine pasta and salsa mixture; then mix with ground turkey.
- Spread half of meat mixture in a 3 quart baking dish, add salt if necessary. Spread half of cheese over meat mixture. Repeat with remaining meat and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.