Turkey Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2/3 cmushrooms, chopped
1/4 cfinely chopped onion
1/2 cchopped celery
1/2 cchopped carrots
2 cpotatoes, cubed
1 cturkey, chopped
1 cfrozen peas
2 cchicken broth
1/2 chalf and half
4 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Turkey Pot Pie
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 Tbsp olive oil for 2 minutes. Add onion & celery and continue to saute until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots and 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes & remaining olive oil and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth & simmer until vegetables are tender-crisp but retain their bright color.
- Whisk half & half and flour together. Slowly add to the broth mixture. Gently stir until thickened. Stir in turkey and frozen peas. Remove from heat.
- Spoon filling into crust-lined dish. (I use a deep individual casserole dish) Cover with top crust. Crimp to seal edges. Cut steam vents in top crust.
- Place pies in oven and immediately decrease oven temp to 375 degrees. Bake until crust is golden and gravy just begins to bubble through the steam vents.