Turkey Pot Pie
22 deep dish pie crusts of your choice. i use elaine bovender's Fool-Proof Pie Crust and double the recipe to make 2 double layer crusts
2-3 ccooked, chopped turkey meat
2 pkgyour favorite chicken or turkey gravy mix, prepared. (i really like the our family brand if you have one of those stores around you)
2 cfrozen peas & carrots
1 stalk(s)celery, diced
1 can(s)sliced or diced potatoes, drained, whichever you prefer
1 tspdried parsley leaves
·salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Turkey Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate 2/3 pie crust for bottom layer. I use two deep dish pies or 1 (9x13) baking dish. Roll crust out to cover the bottom of your pans. Chill top crust in the refrigerator while you partially bake the bottom crust and cook the filling.
- Bake bottom layer at 400 degrees for 10- 15 minutes until halfway baked.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 Tbsp. butter in pan and add celery. Saute for 6-8 minutes until celery starts to cook.
- Mix together everything except remaining 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Pour filling into dishes with half cooked pie crust. Roll out the top layer of the pie crust and cover top of pie/s. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until top crust is golden brown. Brush with pie/s with 2 Tbsp. melted butter before serving.
- TIP: I often use homemade crust in a 9x9 glass casserole or an appropriately sized iron skillet instead of ready made pie crusts and just make one big one instead of two regular pie shells.