- ready made pie crust chilled or savoury shortcrust pastry
- all purpose flour for dusting
- egg yolk mixed with 1 tablespoon water for glaze
- 1 1/2 c
- minced turkey meat(can use thick sliced deli meat)
- green onions finely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic finely chopped
- stems fresh thyme leaves removed from stem
- 1 tsp
- ground allspice
- egg yolks
- salt and pepper to taste
- for garnish
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- red onion thinly sliced
- 4 oz
- frozen cranberries
- 4 Tbsp
- cranberry sauce
- 4 Tbsp
- red wine or cooking sherry
Place pastry into tins so it stands just above the tops and form soft pleats.Brush top edges with egg wash.
into a mixing bowl.Sprinkle allspice,salt and pepper over top then stir in egg yolks mix well.Spoon filling into pie crusts and press tops flat with a teaspoon.
olive oil in frying pan,add thinly sliced red onion and cook until they just begin to soften.Add remaining ingredients and cook for 4 minutes or until cranberries are soft.
Spoon over top of baked pies and serve.Can be served hot or cold.Store in refrigerator.