Turkey Pesto Ciao Panini
Serve this with your Italian dressing or balsamic & oil for dipping.
Sorry for the sloppy pix, but my son was yelling he was hungry, & I didn't have time to clean up the drizzles & crumbs, etc., as I was cooking. :)
- 1/2 lb
- sliced turkey (or less), i like mesquite or smoked
- slices pepperoni
- slices of provolone or other cheese
- few sprigs of fresh basil
- loaf italian bread or other crusty bread (try to get one that fits your panini press)
- 1/2 jar(s)
- roasted red peppers - sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- onion - sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- fresh mushrooms - sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- italian dressing or your own balsamic & oil
- pesto (about 1/4-1/2 cup)
How to Make Turkey Pesto Ciao Panini
- 1Slice the onions, mushrooms & red peppers. Get the onions on sautee. I like to add some balsamic & vinegar dressing as I'm sauteeing them. Let them cook a bit.
- 8Put this on your press & cook away. As it was getting a bit softer, I continued to press down on the handle every so often.
- 10Top with more dressing or balsamic/oil or serve with little cups for dipping. I like tons of oil on my sandwiches -- my son does not, so I like the individual bowls of dressing.