☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 Tbspbutter (do not substitute), unsalted
1 1/2 Tbsppepper
How to Make Turkey, Dad's
- Put salt and pepper inside and outside turkey. Put lemon slices and onion slices inside cavity and tie legs shut. Sprinkle with remaining herbs. Put into a roasting pan with the rack inside. (I would have put into a turkey bag to avoid basting.
- Dad wrote 10 pound turkey directions (not including lemon and onion).
1. Out of fridge 1 hour before baking (this from thawed).
2. Oven to 450 degrees.
3. Rub with salt pepper and herbs.
4. Roast uncovered 30 minutes.
5. Reduce oven to 325 degrees, baste.
6. Baste every 30 minutes.
7. Tent with foil if it gets too dark.
8. Remove at 165-170 degrees on meat thermometer.
9. About 15 min per pound (2 1/2 hours).
10. Rest 20 min before carving.
- We ate at 7, so:
Out of fridge at 3 PM
In oven at 4 PM
Out at 630 PM
Eat at 7 PM