How to Make TURKEY BBQ SANDWICHES
- Roast the turkey until done. Cool turkey and take all the meat of the carcass. Throw the skin away.
- Shred turkey and place in slow cooker, Nesco or roaster.
- To pan that turkey was roasted in add chicken broth and bring to a boil. You want to get all the dripping and the glazing for flavor. Pour this over turkey. Add soups, seasoning mix, salt & pepper.
- Let turkey cook on slow heat for at least 2 hours. You want it to cook slow and get nice and tender, bubbly. I salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on potato rolls or rolls of your choice.
- Note: You do not want this dry. Depending on the dripping you have from your turkey you may need to add more liquid. I keep on hand a jar of Heinz turkey gravy. I like to add that to doctor up the turkey! Mom always called it that. LOL
Also if you want to cut fat. Refrigerate your dripping/gravy from turkey and skim off fat. I strain my gravy!
You should not need to thicken this, but sometimes you add too much and a little flour and water can be used to thicken it. I like lots of gravy with the turkey and at a thin gravy consistency.