Turkey a la King
- 1 stick
- 1/2 c
- 8 c
- turkey broth/ stock
- 2 c
- sliced mushrooms (your choice) i use button
- 3/4 c
- frozen peas
- 4 c
- cooked roughly chopped turkey
- carrots, clean and sliced
- 2 c
- sliced celery
- yellow onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
How to Make Turkey a la King
- 1The first thing I do make sure the broth is at room temperature. And put a pot of water on to boil.
- 2Chop all of your veggies, turkey set aside, keep veggies and turkey seperate.
- 3Saute your mushrooms in butter until tender and set aside.
- 4In the pan of boiling water cook your carrots and peas for about 2 minutes, drain and rince in cold water. Set aside.
- 5Melt your stick of butter, and add all at once your 1/2 cup of flour, stirring until combined and cook that for a couple of minutes.
- 6Whisk in your chicken broth slowly to combine well, then simmer this a couple minutes until it starts to thicken, when it does add your carrots, mushrooms, peas, celery onions and salt and pepper and put this on low until carrots are done but not mushy.
- 7Serve this over mashed potatos, biscuits or rice.