Turkey a la King
8 cturkey broth/ stock
2 csliced mushrooms (your choice) i use button
3/4 cfrozen peas
4 ccooked roughly chopped turkey
4carrots, clean and sliced
2 csliced celery
1/2yellow onion, chopped
·salt and pepper
How to Make Turkey a la King
- The first thing I do make sure the broth is at room temperature. And put a pot of water on to boil.
- Chop all of your veggies, turkey set aside, keep veggies and turkey seperate.
- Saute your mushrooms in butter until tender and set aside.
- In the pan of boiling water cook your carrots and peas for about 2 minutes, drain and rince in cold water. Set aside.
- Melt your stick of butter, and add all at once your 1/2 cup of flour, stirring until combined and cook that for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk in your chicken broth slowly to combine well, then simmer this a couple minutes until it starts to thicken, when it does add your carrots, mushrooms, peas, celery onions and salt and pepper and put this on low until carrots are done but not mushy.
- Serve this over mashed potatos, biscuits or rice.