★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- onion,thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium
- green sweet pepper,cut into thin strips
- 1/3 c
- bottled reduced-clear italian salad dressing
- (4inch) french-style rolls,split
- 8 slice
- cooked turkey pastrami (8oz)
- 2 oz
- thinly sliced provolone or swiss cheese
- plum tomatoes,thinly sliced
- 4 tsp
- tarragon mustard or peppercorn mustard
How to Make Toasted Pastrami Sandwiches
- 1In a 8inch skillet,cook onion and sweet pepper in salad dressing until tender. Remove skillet from heat.
- 2For each sandwich, place the bottom of a roll on a 12 inch square of foil. Top with turkey pastrami, cheese, and tomato slices. Spoon on the onion-sweet pepper mixture, including any remaining dressing. Spread cut side of the roll top with mustard; place atop the fillings. Wrap each sandwich in the foil, sealing ends.
- 3Heat sandwiches in a 350 oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm.