Mini Thanksgiving Leftover Pies
You could make these with ham too.
Well, I hope you enjoy my creation & maybe you will have some ideas to make them even better.
LEFTOVERS FROM THANKSGIVING
·turkey, chopped or ground
·mashed potatoes, or instant potatoes
·mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows
·bread stuffing or corn bread stuffing
2 can(s)canned buttermilk biscuits or crossaints
·new york sharp cheddar, swiss or gruyere
How to Make Mini Thanksgiving Leftover Pies
- Gather all your leftovers to see what you have to work with.
Spray your muffin pan with Pam and set aside.
Chop up your turkey or grind it up in food processor. I took 1 1/2 cups of ground turkey and 1 1/2 cups of new york sharp cheddar or gruyere cheese will work too. I used both. Mix those two together and season to your taste. Add some sauted onions if you like them. (My husband hates onions so I rarely sneak them in. hehe
- Now, flatten out your bisquit dough and form biscuits to the muffin tin. 1 biscuit fits in one of the tins.
Add about 1 1/2 tbsp of turkey mixture to the muffin tins. Once you have them all filled with turkey press them down just a little. Now add your next topping. I tried three of them.
1. Topped with leftover stuffing
2. Topped with leftover mashed potatoes
3. Topped with leftover sweet potatoes
Next, I took a Tablespoon of hot gravy and poured it on top and pushed my spoon down inside so the gravy would go throughout the muffin.
(If doing the sweet potato one, maybe you can put gravy on turkey mixture before putting the sweet potato on top.)
- Here are the three different mini pies.
1. with turkey mixture, sweet potatoes, marshmallows and a dab of brown sugar.
2. with turkey mixture, mashed potatoes, gravy w/sauteed mushrooms.
3. with turkey mixture, stuffing and cranberry sauce on top.
These are super hot when you cut into them, so be careful especially for the children. (I do love how they stay so hot though.)