Spicy Turkey Roast (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
Turkey cooked in the microwave is very juicy, but don't overcook it. Pour the brown juices which accumulate in the bottom of the microwave roasting pan over the sliced meat before serving.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1frozen whole boneless turkey, 4 lbs., thawed as package directs
8 to 10 largecloves garlic
1 Tbspcoarsely ground black pepper
1 tspcoarse kosher style salt
2 Tbspolive oil
·orange slices, for garnish
·rosemary sprigs, for garnish
How to Make Spicy Turkey Roast (microwave version)
- Combine garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt in the work bowl of the food processor with the steel blade in place, or in blender. Turn motor on. Add the oil, processing until coarsely chopped.
- Spread half the garlic mixture over the inside of the turkey. Reroll the turkey.
- Place on microsafe cooking rack over microsafe roasting pan.
- Microwave at HIGH power for 10 minutes. Turn roast over.
- Microwave at MEDIUM power for 35 to 40 minutes, turning roast 2 or 3 times while cooking, until roast registers 170 degrees F in several places (use instant reading thermometer the check temperature).
- Thicken pan juices for gravy, if desired.
- Garnish with orange slices and rosemary, if desired.