Spicy Orange Glazed Grilled Turkey
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 largeonion cut into quarters
1 largeorange cut in half
1/4 tsporange zest
1/2 corange juice
1/4 cteriyaki sauce
1 tsprosemary, dried
1/2 tspgarlic minced finely
1 tspginger minced finely ( i use a ginger paste from a squeeze tube found in produce isle)
1/4 tspgarlic salt
1/4 tspginger powder
1 1/2 stickbutter
1/2 clight brown sugar
·salt and pepper
·red pepper flakes to taste
How to Make Spicy Orange Glazed Grilled Turkey
- You need a 5 pound bag of charcoal and mesquite chips.
Also make sure your turkey is completely thawed.
In a heavy small sauce pan mix orange juice, 1/2 stk butter, teriyaki sauce, orange zest, rosemary, minced garlic, ginger paste, red pepper flakes and brown sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes stirring often.
- Pour 5 pound bag of charcoal into grill and light the charcoal and let them get hot.
Put mesquite chips in water to soak.
- Wash the turkey and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper making sure to get the cavity of turkey. Place the onion quarters and orange halves in the cavity also and place in a large aluminum pan.
- In a microwavable small bowl mix garlic salt, ginger powder and 1 stick of butter and melt in the microwave.
- Once charcoal is ready spread them out evenly over bottom of grill, then sprinkle with mesquite chips. Place the rack over the coals.
- Pour chicken broth or you can use water in the bottom of the aluminum pan with turkey and tent with foil (not tight). Place this on the grill (make sure you keep liquid in the pan). Close the grill lid and open the vents wide open.
- Baste the turkey with broth from pan then using a paint brush spread the glaze over the turkey. Do both of these often
- After 60 minutes check the temperature, when it gets to 180 remove from grill and let set for 30 minutes before carving