★★★★★ 2 votes5
- turkey giblets
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- turkey wings or thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 c
- diced onion
- 1 c
- diced celery
- corn starch
- knorr chicken boullion cubes
- 1 tsp
- poultry seasonings or sage if desired
How to Make Slap your momma giblet gravy
- 1Take neck,gizzard, heart, turkey parts and chicken breast with salt and pepper (to taste), boullion cubes, onions, celery and put in stock pot with plenty of water to cover and all and boil until meat is tender. Do Not cook the liver in with the rest of the meat - it will make your broth bitter. Put the liver in a sauce pan and cook it alone. Remove all meat from pot and allow to cool. Once cooled, remove all meat from neck and discard any bones and skin. Chop meat (remember to add the liver now - discard the broth from liver) finely and put back in pot with the broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
- 2HELPFUL HINT**I always double the amount I am cooking and use the other half in my dressing or freeze it before I thicken it so I can use it for a quick gravy another day. I also like to add alittle poultry seasoning or sage to the gravy too, adds a good favor.
- 3Bring to almost to a boil and then take the boiled egg and chop up and add to the broth. Then take about 1/4 cup of corn starch and add to one cup of cold water and stir well. Add alittle of the cornstarch mixture at time while stirring until desired thickness. Serve and enjoy!