My kids love this now and when they were little. Made this about 40 years ago as it was easy and the kids could eat it quite easily,with less mess. I was all about less mess back then. Hope you enjoy making this recipe!
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb
- ground turkey or you can use beef
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning, crushed
- to taste:
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 c
- diced bell pepper any color
- 14 oz
- jar or pasta sauce with mushrooms or a can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz
- pkg spaghetti, broken into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 1 qt
- tomato juice-i like campbell's, as needed
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite
How to Make Skillet Spaghetti
- 1In an electric skillet or large skillet with a lid; heat the oil and then add the ground turkey. Scramble and brown part-way then add the onion,Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste and the bell pepper. Combine and mix well.Cook about 5 minutes until turkey is cooked.Will cook fully when covered later.
- 2Add the pasta sauce and 2 cups of the tomato juice,(plain or spicy). Add broken spaghetti pieces and stir in to cover and coat with the sauce, if more liquid is needed add more tomato juice; mix well. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Sprinkle cheese evenly over top of mixture, cover skillet and let cheese melt..serve with garlic toast or Triscut basil/tomato crackers.