Sausage and Peppers
4turkey kielbasa sausages
1 mediumred bell pepper
1 mediumgreen bell pepper
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/4 tspsmoked hot paprika
1 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspolive oil
1/4 tspeach salt and black pepper
1 Tbspfresh cilantro
How to Make Sausage and Peppers
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on low. Add the sausages and cook until they are browned on the outside.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the pan and cover with a lid. Let them cook for about 20 minutes until they are fully done. The water should be evaporated by that time.
- Remove the sausages and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring often for 3 minutes.
- Pinch the thyme leaves off the stems and discard stems. Do the same for the cilantro. You may want to chop the cilantro a little.
- Add the cilantro, thyme, paprika salt and black pepper to the onion mixture and cook another minute.
- Add the bell pepper and scallions. Stir to mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the peppers are tender-crisp.
- Slice the sausages , which should be cool by now, into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add it to the pepper mixture. Stir to mix.
- Cook for another 2 minutes or so until all is heated through.