You new brides can produce a beautiful bird this way.
I have been using this method since the bags first came out over 20 years ago.
- any size
- reynolds or another brand roasting bag.
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp
- (each) sage, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, paprika, a little garlic powder (about 1/2 tsp.)
- celery stalks
- yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp
- kitchen boquet
How to Make Roast Turkey
- 1Buy a fresh turkey or Thaw your turkey in the refridgerator for about 1 week. Take any turkey pieces out of the cavity and under the neck flap. Wash and pat dry including the inside.
- 2combine the Sage, rosemary, Thyme and Margoram, Paprika and garlic in a little dish.
Rub the Kitchen boquet over the turkey with your hand so it has a nice even brown coating. Cut one celery stalk in half and put in cavity with the peeled carrot and the onion which you have quartered.
- 3Rub the seasoning over the turkey breast and legs reserving a little to put in the cavity.
- 4Put a tablespoonfull of flour in the Roasting Bag. put the other 2 stalks of celery in the bottom.
Tie the turkey legs together with cooking string and tie the wings down as well. Place the turkey in the bag and use the tie that comes with it to close the bag. poke a couple of small holes or slits in the top of the bag. Put turkey in the bag in the bottom of the roasting pan, Do not put the lid on! Roast according to the time chart that comes with the bag for the weight of the unstuffed turkey.