Oven Roasted Turkey
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 10 lb. turkey
- carrots – cleaned and whole
- celery – cleaned and whole
- 2 cups chicken or turkey broth
- for the rub:
- 8 tbs. butter or margarine
- 1 tbs. bell’s seasoning
- 4 tbs. your favorite bbq sauce or hot sauce
How to Make Oven Roasted Turkey
- 1Clean turkey and pat dry.
Combine the Bell’s Seasoning with the butter and rub all over the turkey skin.
Preheat Oven 325:
Place carrots and celery at the bottom of the pan with the broth.
Place turkey on a rack in the roasting pan and roast.
Half-way through the cooking process rub with Uncle Dougie's BBQ sauce. Cover the breast part of the turkey with a loosely fit aluminum foil tent and finish cooking.
Cook 2 ¾ to 3 hours or until juices run clear.