How to Make Oprah's Turkey
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Combine marinade ingredients; whisk until smooth.
- 3Clean out turkey. Rinse well inside and out. Pat dry.
- 4Place 1 bunch of herbs in pan. Place turkey in pan. Pour marinade over turkey. Stuff cavity with lemon rinds and rest of herbs. Insert thermometer in thickest part of breast. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- 5After 2 hours, add hot water or stock to the bottom of pan. Stir to make gravy for basting. Baste and cover with foil. Roast another 30 min and repeat basting process. Continue basting every 15 min until thermometer reaches 180-185. Approximately 3-4 hours.
- 6Let rest 15-20 min before carving.